Tuesday, 31 May 2016

Goodbye May

I have managed not to post anything all during May, this is partly due to the fact that I've been busy, also that I have just rather let this blog slide of late. It might possibly be more accurate to say that I have let my online presence in general slip; I hardly ever comment or go on facebook, although I can't escape the dreaded email when at work. All in all, when I read estimates that we spend on average two to three hours online a day, I feel quite smug.
I haven't got high hopes for my blogging presence this June either as I am now embarking on exam marking (why, why?) so it may well be August, or I may possibly take a blog holiday for even longer. Meanwhile, any time I do have is likely to be spent a. in the garden b. reading c in the gym. You have to keep up your levels of fitness, I almost always have a book of some sort on the go, and it is that time of year when the garden starts to get interesting, not to  mention habitable (it rains most of the time where I live.) Currently, I am enjoying pottering and am cultivating potatoes, courgettes, radishes and salad veg, all incredibly easy to grow. I've bought most of my seeds this year from low end shops as I've found they seem to be just as good quality as anywhere else and  £1.99 in Tesco compared to 39 pence in the half price sale at Pound Stretcher for courgette seeds was a no brainer!
Potato plant (Charlotte) shop bought and planted late Feb.

Potato plant spotted as a "weed" from the compost and thriving now it has its own pot.
No idea which variety.

Lettuce growing fast in this weather

One courgette potted up outside, should soon take off and get big!

4 comments:

  1. As it happends, Suem, you have found something very important in that decision; you need to stay in pace with your mind. I started blogging when I had hipsurgery, I never thought it would last very long. However, I've found some very nice people around the world, and discovered so much that is new to me! So now I'm off Facebook mostly, I read posts from the people that has given me new inspiration. You were one! But I don't sit for hours. However, right now the garden is off limits for me but I'm walking in the woods more than ever. Don't worry about the amount of posts, significant truths are not to be handled carelessly anyway, are they?? We'll read when you are ready to share!! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your thoughts and encouragement, Fairtrader. I had a quick look at your blog yesterday and will return:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep enjoying the garden, reading and the summer. Blogging will happen as and when you are ready. It seems to me that the way we present ourselves online is changing - people are sharing longer posts either about their activities, thoughts, feelings or politics. All that takes a lot of thinking about in itself. Blessings on you and yours for a good summer from Freda at Dalamory

    ReplyDelete