Monday, 23 November 2015

Lady in the van



This weekend Mr M and I headed out to do some Christmas shopping before the crowds get too horrendous. We have instituted the £20 pound rule again this year (hooray!) and so fortunately it didn't take too long and we found we had time to go to the cinema. It was a choice between Suffragettes or The Lady in the Van; Mr M is all for equal rights but still said he would opt for a batty incontinent old bag over a couple of hours in the company of a mob of seriously pissed off women (I guess he is joking here, right?) so we opted for the former.  Mr M found it funny, I thought it was mildly amusing. We were both agreed that it was very moving as well as that part of the fascination is a glimpse into the life of Bennett himself. Catholicism took a good bashing, but what's new there really? I do recommend it.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful clip. I do love Maggie Smith. She plays dotty old bags better than even Margaret Rutherford did. (Who she?)
    I haven't been to the cinema for more than 40 years so will have to wait until it reaches TV.
    I think it would have been my first choice too.

    ReplyDelete