Tuesday, 19 May 2015

Update

This is  not so much a coherent post as an update. Every year, at some point, the shit seems to hit the fan at work and it seems there just aren't enough hours in the day. I can't say too much because I don't blog about work but it is the main reason for my absence.
Things should start to get easier (she says cautiously) from next week onwards and I will hopefully find a little more time to do the things I love. I want to do some gardening (my veg patch is making some progress despite the recent rain and gloom), maybe some baking, go for long walks with Mr M, get to the gym a bit more and resume a few activities which are possibly too infrequent to be accorded the term hobbies. Today I've agreed to do a speech at a Speaking Club dinner next month, so that is a start in doing something non work related.
 On Sunday I made it to the Quaker meeting, we have gone back to the beautiful 17th century chapel which I love, and last week I managed to get to Church so I am doing a little better on that front than for some time.
Of course the world has gone on as usual. We have another five years of the nasty party and all is doom and gloom economically and in many ways but life goes on and everyone has to just do their best. I do feel for young people in the current climate- and I worry for my own - but worry never achieved anything.
If anyone is reading this post, I hope all is well for you and yours and you are managing to do the things  you think are fun and spend time with the people that make you feel happy and whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment