Tuesday, 16 July 2013

Time out in the sunshine

I've just come back from retreat down in Devon and feel enormously blessed by the worship, activities, conversations and fellowship that I've enjoyed. I don't know if it was the focus on healing or just the fact that we had glorious sunshine instead of the customary rain showers, but there was such a  remarkable sense of peace and joy this weekend and everyone I spoke to commented on it. This retreat was a bit different for me as well because I was helping with worship sessions, but not too many, so I did still get plenty of time for myself.  On Sunday morning I decided for the first time to go to the monastic mass rather than the retreat worship. I was glad I did because the singing was incredibly beautiful.


We also sang Forth in thy name Oh Lord I go as the final hymn and it seemed very appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment