Tuesday, 6 September 2011

In blog we trust!

A short time ago, while still in a state of shock at the demise of the much missed and lamented Church Mouse blog, I wrote about vanishing blog syndrome - you know, that let down feeling you experience when one of your favourite bloggers decides to hang up their boots and get back to their family and the real world? Well, that has happened to me quite a bit recently and I've decided that I need to be more ruthless in pruning and updating my blog list, for example deleting people who have not written a post for six months or more, and actively seeking out and adding new blogs.
Part of the process of blogging is not only to write your own blog but also to read the blogs that others write and to comment on them. Reading other blogs helps to keep you up to date with discussions or developments in the area you blog about, but, as Freda points out here,  it is  also essential to build up a blogging community, keep in touch and communicate. I have recently added to my sidebar list a recently started blog  Lost in the North, which is  written by someone I know personally (yes, I do mean in the real world!)  and  Blue Eyed Ennis, a blog that I have been reading regularly for some time and should really have linked to ages ago. I hope you will read these blogs and perhaps comment on them. In return, I would love to hear about the blogs you read regularly and would recommend.
Does anyone think I should apologise for the blog title? It is a dreadful pun, isn't it? And I've used it in a previous blog post. You'd think I'd have a bit more self respect - especially as Lesley is producing some lovely colourful graphs charting  the ups and downs of the female blogger according to Wikio!

4 comments:

  1. Wow- I am deeply touched by you giving my blog a mention here and for the much needed boost !
    Thank you so much. It is very much appreciated.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been reading your blog for a while. I enjoy the poetrty and a lot of the music, as well as your spiritual/ devotional writings on scripture and themes. It is also nice to read a Catholic blog that also engages well with social issues - such as the abuse scandals and the role of women.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey :) Nah - I think you can get away with the title - it did well at drawing my attention anyway!! I have been blogging for a year now but have really only recently discovered the importance of reading them as well as writing! Doh - it takes me a while to catch on! Now though, am enjoying reading away - so appreciate the blogrolls on blogs. Shall check out those you mention in a moment.
    Before that though - a must-read blog (imho) - is 'The End of My Tether? - A blog by a brave Cystic Fibrosis sufferer that I know personally. The blog is entertaining, inspirational and educational - and can be found at http://endofmytether-sammie.blogspot.com/ Pop on over and have a look :)

    Off to read ... laters!

    Jo

    ReplyDelete