Monday, 15 August 2011

The stuff that dreams are made of!

I know you have all heard more than enough about the riots, but last night I had a dream that was clearly based on them. In my dream we were holidaying in the Cameron Highlands (a place we used to visit when I was a child and we lived in Singapore) and we were woken up at 3 in the morning by the sound of disturbances and forest fires in the distance. Kev was keen to journey across the island to confront the rioters. I won't tell you the rest of the dream as it gets increasingly bizarre, but when I awoke I wondered about the fact that it was so specifically the Cameron Highlands. I soon realised that, of course, this was my mind playing about with words- the idea of David Cameron and the moral high ground perhaps being suggested.
You may be interested to hear that Kev's analysis of the dream was that teachers get too much time off over the Summer and that it might be time for me to get back to work...

3 comments:

  1. Where is Freud when we need him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear suem...]
    I know its not completely on topic, but last night I had strange and troubling dreams. I tried to think about what it all means and it's still something of a conundrum, however I have a feeling its to do with being talked into things too easily.
    Or going along with things that I have doubts about but I don't really know how to say no to, or feel uncomfortable about just saying... "you know what, this is not on "
    Any way, I know you were talking about a whole different situation, but the dream thing has been real and unsettling for me today.
    Thanks for being provocative and out there in your posting.
    Cheers Jo

    ReplyDelete