Friday, 22 April 2011

Doubting

 A reader of this blog sent me this link today in response to the post below about a God of flesh and blood. It is a passion written and performed on Good Friday.  I am always really touched when people respond to my posts, especially if what I write recalls personal thoughts or  memories.  I've transcribed some of the words of this passion below, it is rather beautiful and worth listening to, especially if listened to on Easter Saturday -  a day marked by failure, vulnerability and doubt.

                Let me see your hands and feel that they're real      
                Let me see your side, pierced by steel.
                               
                Oh Lord, I want to believe
                But I've only a human heart
                Beating in my breast.

No comments:

Post a Comment