Thursday, 3 June 2010

Home truths

The Presiding Bishop's response to William's Pentecost letter (you have to scroll down a little to find it.)

Jefferts Schori writes,
"We are further distressed that such sanctions do not, apparently, apply to those parts of the Communion that continue to hold one view in public and exhibit other behaviors in private. Why is there no sanction on those who continue with a double standard?"

Goodness! Do you mean there are parts of the Communion that knowingly ordain gay bishops but have a tacit agreement to keep quiet about it? Thank goodness that could never happen here...

4 comments:

  1. I am someone who visits Walsingham to get away from women clergy and gay Bishops. I like my Bishops to be real men who can drive a bulldozer.
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_0TmDczrgMAE/SKVDpS7MRhI/AAAAAAAAAmM/yLq_hJUMbK0/s320/bishop.lindsay.JPG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice picture! There seem to be an awful lot of knobs and gear sticks to manage on that bulldozer thing. I am all admiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes - and he was also my "Extraordinary Confessor" – I was never quite sure whether this meant I was suppose to confess to him my "Extraordinary” sins – I presume not unlike Eddy Izzard’s ‘Original Sin’ of poking a badger in the eye with a stick! Or whether he had "Extraordinary” powers!

    Whatever, he’s a sound chap – though since Walsingham – particularly at Pilgrimage time – is often more cruisey than Heaven* on a Bank Holiday weekend, he’ll have his work cut out for him!!

    *Heaven the gay night club at Charing Cross – not the place somewhere above the clouds...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you explained...

    ReplyDelete