Friday, 16 April 2010

Watch the Worm



Just to be clear, by "the worm" I don't mean Brown, Clegg or Cameron (would I?) No, I am referring to this wiggly line that charts viewers' reactions to the comments of the three politicians, apparently that eerily silent audience were asked to twiddle some knobs to show their response, rather than cheering and jeering in the time honoured fashion.

Anyhow, it is fascinating to watch the worm and the way it reacts to Brown - and then Cameron's comments on immigration. It is also rather scary. Forget Blair's "Education, education, education" soundbite, it looks like it is more like "Immigration, immigration, immigration".

I actually watched almost all of it. I felt like it was the same product, packaged in a very slightly different way each time...

5 comments:

  1. I agree; Clegg gained composure and conviction as he went along, Brown looked awkward, Cameron looked lifeless & nervous.

    Frankly, I don't think the TV event contributed anything at all to the real election debate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we could have real politics back, it was more fun ( this is the point at which I should remember to be careful what I wish for...)

    I've been looking at your blog and see you are watching events with interest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Canon Andrew Godsall17 April 2010 at 12:42

    I too wish we could have real politics back. As a teenager at the time of the two elections in 1974, I was enthralled. I was desperate (but too young) to vote. I was eventually bored with the TV debate on Thursday eve and turned over to watch 'Outnumbered' - which is a far more real observation of what life can be really like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got pretty bored as well. I wish they'd had the "worm" thing on the screen, then I could have had something extra to analyse and think about. I did expect Clegg to be less effective than he was, I wasn't bowled over by any of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The utility of a TV debate is less is UK than in the US because you don't get to vote any of participants prime minister.

    ReplyDelete