Thursday, 22 April 2010

The Great Escape!

Those of you who know us well will be aware that, back in September, Kev and I reversed roles. After almost ten years working part time I accepted a full time post and promotion and Kev opted to work three days a week. Those of you who know us even better will be aware that for various reasons this set up did not work. In recent weeks I have been considering resigning, a step I didn’t want to take and that we were not really in a position for me to take. As you can see from an extract from an email below, my dilemma has been resolved, Kev becomes full time house husband from tomorrow!
As many of you will know, I have resigned and shall be leaving on Friday 24th to become an “unemployment statistic”. My very own 'Great Escape'. I would like to thank all of you that have helped me over the time that I have been here and the courtesies that you have shown. I am finally putting my family first and hopefully getting a life back.
This is a momentous step for Kev; work has been his life and I really do appreciate the sacrifice involved. Please pray that we cope and that he is able to see early retirement as a gift, as he says in the email a great escape and not a deprivation - or as one of his colleagues put it in response to the above email:

“You lucky, lucky, lucky B!”

2 comments:

  1. Prayers in progress! I was made redundant which allowed me to go full time with the church, albeit with a significant drop in income. Best thing I ever did. I hope it will be the same for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of British!
    I prayerfully hope that this change works out for the best for you all in the long term.
    My retirement is set for 2055 at this rate!

    ReplyDelete