Thursday, 8 April 2010

Doner Kebab Pot Noodle

Doner kebab flavoured pot noodle - can you believe it? This product was apparently launched last month and one of our sons has already requested that we purchase a supply for late night snacking!
Kev objects on the basis that a. There is plenty of good, nourishing and tasty food provided in this household b. We would have to make a trip out at three am in the morning to avoid the embarrassment of being spotted buying said snack and c. If he wants to shovel that kind of - er- rubbish - down his neck, he can buy it himself.

I wonder who on earth came up with the idea of combining pot noodles and doner kebab and were they very drunk at the time?

8 comments:

  1. Canon Andrew Godsall8 April 2010 at 20:32

    I recall when I was a student my brother introduced me to pot noodles (30 years ago now...) and they filled a corner. I have watched my boys enjoy them, but interestingly not our daughter. Is it a male thing, do you think? (And I definitely would not be seen dead buying one now, and 3am is only for sleeping.....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I ate one or two when I was a student as well. I do think it is more likely to be men who live off pot noodles and takeaway pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These actually came out a year or more ago. I know 'cause my dad stocked them, and I ate them lots. ><

    I always end up adding all kinds of crap to Pot Noodle, as they're generally a bit unappetizing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can tell this is the voice of authority! My son said they "just started doing them" and I believed him - I do not habitually scour the shelves for pot noodles.
    You add MORE crap to them? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You see they are being marketed in an "ironic" way. It is seen as a "lad's" product so it supposed to be a "gulity pleasure", any man with a women in his life feels there in no such thing as a "innocent" pleasure. The quotation marks show I agree with you, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A sort of "men behaving badly" thing, yes, we get some of that trend in our household!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't think I've ever eaten a pot noodle - well some male has to keep up culinary standards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad to hear it - Kev says him too! I don't think anyone should be allowed to blame that sort of diet on their Y chromosome :)

    ReplyDelete